Gary Setchell hails unbelievable team spirit after King’s Lynn Town produce another fine comeback
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell hailed his side's togetherness after they came from behind at Barwell yesterday to pick up more precious points.
The Linnets fought back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 at home to Stocksbridge Park Steels on Saturday. However, they conceded a late equaliser and Setchell insisted only a victory would do in Leicestershire. And it's one they claimed thanks to Dan Jacob's brace and George Thomson's penalty in the second half.
'I don't know how many times I have to say it about this set of players,' said Setchell.
'Whether we win, lose or draw there's an unbelievable team spirit in that dressing room. Would I have taken four points from the two games? Yeah, I would have done. Again, we started tentatively, and we grew into the game.
'It's not easy to win away from home in this league and Barwell are a hardened Step Three side. But I thought we were different class second-half hitting them on the break and that's what we can do.'
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Danny Gay made a penalty save inside the first five minutes and a fine stop at 2-1 to help back-to-back promoted Lynn secure their second win in four matches.
Setchell said: 'Danny's a very experienced goalkeeper and he's proved his worth. He saved a penalty early on and made a save at the end and his concentration levels were good.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- Click on the related link to read a match report from yesterday's game.