Gary Setchell feels former Norwich City Academy duo are made for their roles at King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Flying wing-backs Jackson Ramm and Jordan Yong can expect to clock up more miles when King's Lynn Town continue their pre-season programme this afternoon.
The Linnets are continuing to adopt their end-of-campaign 3-5-2 formation this summer with Gary Setchell expressing his desire for his right and left-sided defenders to get forward. It worked on Tuesday with Ramm performing excellently against Norwich City Under-21s and left-back Yong – also a former Canaries' Academy player – finding the net during their side's 2-1 win.
And Setchell admits he expects to see more of the same from the rapid duo when his troops make the short trip to Spalding today.
Lynn's boss said: 'Defensively I think we look a lot more solid. But on the training ground we've got to work at getting more men in the box.
'I'll probably knock about three years (laughing) off Jordan Yong and Jackson Ramm's careers as I expect them to be putting the ball in on the byline, defending their far post, one crossing it and one heading it. They're in for a tough year and some earache. But they're both built for the position. Jackson and Jordan have got energy to burn.'
You may also want to watch:
Setchell will welcome back Jason Lee and David Bell for their trip to Lincolnshire while George Thomson, who could join Chester, may also be involved.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named