Gary Setchell confident new boy Ryan Robbins can become a King’s Lynn Town fans’ favourite
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell is backing electric frontman Ryan Robbins to become a fans' favourite at King's Lynn Town.
The Linnets' boss yesterday showed off his first new recruit of the summer after convincing the 25-year-old to leave Coalville Town – the club Lynn dramatically overhauled to win the title.
Rumours have been rife for weeks that Robbins was heading to Norfolk, despite his run-ins with Linnets supporters – especially online – after the clubs become fierce rivals in recent times.
But Setchell insists all of that will be forgotten if the pacy Leicester-based player does as well for The Walks club as he did with the Ravens.
The Lynn boss said: 'It's a brave decision by the boy to leave Coalville to come to King's Lynn. It isn't easy. He's been man enough to do that and people will give him a chance and it's about what he'll do on the grass.
You may also want to watch:
'But I'm 100pc certain that he'll produce the goods for us. It might raise one or two eyebrows but for the player that is Ryan Robbins, I think we've done a good bit of business. He absolutely tore us apart in the FA Vase semi-final a couple of years ago. He's got all the tools to be a top-class centre forward.
'He's quick, he's got a hammer left foot, he's strong, he's young and he ticks every box to be a very, very good King's Lynn player.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
Robbins bagged 34 goals in 48 appearances for Coalville last term – including one against Lynn – and found the net 50 times during his three seasons at Owen Street.