Gary Mills keen on King’s Lynn Town return if things don’t work out at Boston United
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Departing Gary Mills has left the door open for a return to King's Lynn Town.
The midfielder will be on is on his way back to Boston United tomorrow night once his three-month loan spell at The Walks comes to an end. And while the 32-year-old is keen to finally make an impression for the Blue Square (Conference) North outfit, he refuses to rule out wearing a Linnets shirt in the future.
Mills said: 'I would love to play for the manager and the football club again if things change. I've got one or two issues to sort out at Boston regarding my future and at the moment I just want to get my head down, hopefully get fit, and play some football.
'If the manager (Dennis Greene) picks me, then great. If I'm not playing then I'll cross that bridge then. But I can't speak highly enough of King's Lynn. The club made me, my friends and my family welcome. The chairman (Buster Chapman), the manager (Gary Setchell), the lads and the fans have all been fantastic.'
Setchell has made no secret of his desire to bring the experienced engine-room controller back to Norfolk in the new year. But Mills, who has made just 12 appearances thanks to a knee problem, feels Lynn's boss still hasn't seen him at his best.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder, unlikely to feature at home against Stafford Rangers tomorrow, added: 'I've never fully recovered from when I came off during my first game against Grantham.
'It's been frustrating. I just wanted to play games but even when I have I've always been managing my knee and taking painkillers.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups