Garboldisham get hands on silverware with Lady Mary Trophy final win over Bradfield
- Credit: Submitted
Garboldisham lifted the Lady Mary Trophy at Manor Park after winning a tense and exciting match against Bradfield with three wickets to spare.
Premier Division Garboldisham won the toss and elected to bowl first which immediately paid dividends as they reduced their Division Two opponents to 3-3, thanks to a double wicket maiden by Gavin Barnes.
Apart from a spirited 28 from Alex Robinson Bradfield had no real answer to the tight bowling of the Garboldisham bowlers, who all picked up at least one wicket as they bowled out Bradfield for 103. The outstanding bowler was Alex Hogg who took 3-12 off his 10 overs.
If Garboldisham thought it would be straightforward to reach their target they were soon brought down to earth by a spirited fightback from the Bradfield bowlers who reduced them to 15-3, raising their hopes of an unlikely victory at the halfway point.
Garboldisham continued to lose wickets regularly, with Michael Seago leading the Bradfield attack with 3-32, and they were indebted to a mature knock of 44 from Johnny Wyatt who and saw them to within eight of their target which was reached with seven wickets down. Bradfield kept on going right to the end and ensured that Garboldisham had to work hard for their victory.
You may also want to watch:
At the presentations David Bowker, adjudicating on the man-of-the-match, awarded it to Hogg for his excellent bowling. The Lady Mary Trophy was presented to Garboldisham captain Danny Cash by David Coventry on behalf of the competition sponsors the Carter Group.
The next final is the Carter NACO Shield on Sunday at Halvergate Cricket Club between Martham and Saham Toney, starting at 1pm.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham