Gaining revenge on Matlock Town is not the motive for King’s Lynn Town ahead of away clash
- Credit: IAN BURT
Payback is the last thing on Gary Setchell's mind as King's Lynn Town head to Derbyshire today.
The Linnets were hammered 4-0 on their own turf by Matlock Town in September and have the chance to make ammends this afternoon. But Lynn's manager insists revenge will not be his motivation for the Evo-Stik Premier Division clash.
Setchell said: 'It's not about that (getting even), it's about us trying to get something for our needs.
'It's not about putting one over Matlock. They're very impressive at home and have only lost to Chorley, the champions elect, in the league. It should be a good game as we're on a good run and they'll be full of confidence. They destroyed us at The Walks but we'll be a far different proposition now than we were back then and hopefully we can express ourselves.'
That early-season drubbing, which came three days after a 5-1 home FA Cup embarrassment at the hands of Cambridge City, saw Lynn fall to ninth in the table. However, they go into the return fixture sitting fourth having won their last four league games.
You may also want to watch:
The Gladiators have only won just two of their last 11 Northern Premier matches but if they win this afternoon, and triumph in all of their three games in hand, they would go above Setchell's men in the table.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000