Fryer starts with a brace
David HannantThe summer sailing season started on Oulton Broad in pleasant conditions. On Saturday Richard Fryer was the most successful helmsman, winning both his Fast Handicap races and Denise Sinclair beating John Lockwood in the Squibs.David Hannant
The summer sailing season started on Oulton Broad in pleasant conditions. On Saturday Richard Fryer was the most successful helmsman, winning both his Fast Handicap races and Denise Sinclair beating John Lockwood in the Squibs.
The biggest fleet was the Waveneys. While Simon Marfleet beat Trevor Balls in the first race in the Mixed Keels Jake Balls took over and reversed the order as he beat Marfleet into second place. Colin Fowler took third in the class race while Scott Thomas did it in the Mixed Keels.
It was good to see some juniors back on the water and B Hood won the first and took third in the second. A Hood took second in the first race but wonthe second.
On Sunday the wind had more north in it than the OOD liked and there were a few capsizes.
You may also want to watch:
The only dinghies out were Lasers and Alan Cone won both the Fast Handicap and the Laser class.
Trevor Balls comfortably won the Waveney race from Philip Large while Jake Balls did the same thing in the Mixed Keels.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected