Fryer starts with a brace
David HannantThe summer sailing season started on Oulton Broad in pleasant conditions. On Saturday Richard Fryer was the most successful helmsman, winning both his Fast Handicap races and Denise Sinclair beating John Lockwood in the Squibs.David Hannant
The summer sailing season started on Oulton Broad in pleasant conditions. On Saturday Richard Fryer was the most successful helmsman, winning both his Fast Handicap races and Denise Sinclair beating John Lockwood in the Squibs.
The biggest fleet was the Waveneys. While Simon Marfleet beat Trevor Balls in the first race in the Mixed Keels Jake Balls took over and reversed the order as he beat Marfleet into second place. Colin Fowler took third in the class race while Scott Thomas did it in the Mixed Keels.
It was good to see some juniors back on the water and B Hood won the first and took third in the second. A Hood took second in the first race but wonthe second.
On Sunday the wind had more north in it than the OOD liked and there were a few capsizes.
The only dinghies out were Lasers and Alan Cone won both the Fast Handicap and the Laser class.
Trevor Balls comfortably won the Waveney race from Philip Large while Jake Balls did the same thing in the Mixed Keels.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
- 10 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village