Friendly: Spalding United 3, King’s Lynn Town 2
An injury-time goal from Callum Earls inflicted King's Lynn Town's fourth defeat of pre-season at Spalding United yesterday.
Lynn had gone behind in the seventh minute when poor marking allowed Miles Chamberlain to bundle a Francis Green free-kick home from close range.
But Gary Setchell's side improved as the game went on - especially in the second half where Dan Quigley and Russell Dunkley put the visitors 2-1 ahead.
Midfielder Quigley's first goal in Linnets colours came when he arrived late in the box to power a fine Jamie Forshaw cross home in the 52nd minute.
Striker Dunkley's second goal in as many games came from close range as he turned Phil Gulliver's header home to give a rejuvinated Lynn a deserved lead.
You may also want to watch:
However, lower-level Spalding - who play at Step Five of the non-league ladder, one below Lynn - found their way back into the game even though Tom James missed an 80th-minute penalty, which should have never been given in the first place.
Second later an unmarked Ben Good headed the big-spending Tulips, who impressed all afternoon, level before full-back Earls popped up to finish off a sweeping move to snatch victory at the death.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Lynn play their ninth game of pre-season at home to higher-level Histon on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).
• Spalding: Conroy, Bull, Earls, Chamberlain, Canoville, Musgrove, Green, Doherty, Joyce, Good, Steadman
• Subs used: Toyne, Stevens, James
• Subs not used: Lyon, Drury, Tolley
• Goals: Chamberlain (7), Good (81), Earls (90+1)
• Booked: Steadman
• King's Lynn: Street, Watson, Gulliver, Fryatt, Yong, Spriggs, Bunting, Quigley, Thurlbourne, Dunkley, Forshaw
• Subs used: Beaumont, Buhlemann, McLeish
• Goals: Quigley (52), Dunkley (76)
• Booked: Watson
• Attendance: 154
• Referee: C.Reeson