Friendly: Spalding United 3, King’s Lynn Town 2
An injury-time goal from Callum Earls inflicted King's Lynn Town's fourth defeat of pre-season at Spalding United yesterday.
Lynn had gone behind in the seventh minute when poor marking allowed Miles Chamberlain to bundle a Francis Green free-kick home from close range.
But Gary Setchell's side improved as the game went on - especially in the second half where Dan Quigley and Russell Dunkley put the visitors 2-1 ahead.
Midfielder Quigley's first goal in Linnets colours came when he arrived late in the box to power a fine Jamie Forshaw cross home in the 52nd minute.
Striker Dunkley's second goal in as many games came from close range as he turned Phil Gulliver's header home to give a rejuvinated Lynn a deserved lead.
However, lower-level Spalding - who play at Step Five of the non-league ladder, one below Lynn - found their way back into the game even though Tom James missed an 80th-minute penalty, which should have never been given in the first place.
Second later an unmarked Ben Good headed the big-spending Tulips, who impressed all afternoon, level before full-back Earls popped up to finish off a sweeping move to snatch victory at the death.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 9 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 10 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
Lynn play their ninth game of pre-season at home to higher-level Histon on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).
• Spalding: Conroy, Bull, Earls, Chamberlain, Canoville, Musgrove, Green, Doherty, Joyce, Good, Steadman
• Subs used: Toyne, Stevens, James
• Subs not used: Lyon, Drury, Tolley
• Goals: Chamberlain (7), Good (81), Earls (90+1)
• Booked: Steadman
• King's Lynn: Street, Watson, Gulliver, Fryatt, Yong, Spriggs, Bunting, Quigley, Thurlbourne, Dunkley, Forshaw
• Subs used: Beaumont, Buhlemann, McLeish
• Goals: Quigley (52), Dunkley (76)
• Booked: Watson
• Attendance: 154
• Referee: C.Reeson