Friendly: Soham Town Rangers 1, King’s Lynn Town 3
King's Lynn Town won their final game of pre-season but the victory was overshadowed by a serious knee injury to defender Stuart Wall.
The Linnets player and players' player of last season screamed in agony during the warm-up before falling to the ground in agony. He had to be helped from the pitch with early fears suggesting he may have suffered cruciate ligament damage.
It was Wall's first game back after dislocating his knee during an earlier friendly against Wisbech Town.
Despite the blow, there was some better news on the pitch as Lynn enjoyed a comfortable win thanks to a brace from Jason Turner and a Dan Quigley header.
Turner squeezed home a 14th-minute penalty to give Gary Setchell's side a deserved lead. But a mix-up between keeper Alex Street and full-back Jordan Yong allowed Ben Seymour-Shove to equalise.
You may also want to watch:
Frontman Turner put the visitors back in front just before the break with a finish from close range. And Quigley wrapped up a deserved victory when his excellent diving header, from Rob Hughes' fine cross, arrowed into the bottom corner with 20 minutes left.
Lynn play their first Evo-Stik Division One South game of the 2012/13 season on Saturday at home to Chasetown (3pm).
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
? Soham: Bubetty, David, Harradine, Patterson, Motley, Simpson, Andrews, Creary, Mason, Seymour-Shove, Paxman
? Subs used: Asensi, Robinson, Baptista, Lower
? Goal: Seymour-Shove (35)
? King's Lynn: Street, Watson, Gulliver, Fryatt, Yong, Bunting, Quigley, Thurlbourne, Turner, Forshaw, Dunkley
? Subs used: Hughes, Spriggs, Beaumont, Buhlemann
? Goals: Turner (14, 43), Quigley (70)
? Referee: To be confirmed
? Attendance: TBC.
? For more reaction from today's game see Monday's paper.