Friendly round-up: Norwich City Ladies ease to Ipswich III win
Norwich City Ladies I eased to a 4-1 win over Ipswich III in their final pre-season friendly.
Captain Angela Hindle opened the scoring for City when Alice Hopgood's reverse stick strike cannoned off the post into her path and she made no mistake. City made it 2-0 early in the second half when Ellie Brine's pass deflected home and Fongy Chung made it 3-0. Lizzie Cheeseman made it 4-1 before Ipswich pulled one back.
Norwich City Ladies II were also winners as they saw off their Ipswich equivalents 5-2. Amber Sayer opened the scoring before Anna Horsley tapped home to double their advantage. Hannah Jarvis then got on the scoresheet but Ipswich hit back with two of their own. However, Anya Farrow and Horsley completed the scoring to seal the victory.
Norwich City Ladies V lost out 2-0 to Pelicans III and the City VI were 5-0 winners over Loddon II. Ella Peters made it 1-0 as he latched on to Sarah Anthony's cross and their advantage was doubled when Anthony notched. Holly Wardale got through the Loddon defence to make it 3-0 before Anthony grabbed another couple of goals to complete the scoring.
Broadland were 4-2 winners over Pelicans as they had to come from behind to gain victory. Pelicans were 2-0 at the break but withing 30 seconds of the restart Lydia Lawrence reduced the arrears. Lawrence then brought her side level at the far post and Tracey Buxton put Broadland into the lead and Holly Becker completed the comeback.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland II drew 1-1 with Pelicans II – Nikki Baker getting Broadland's goal.
Norwich City Men III lost 2-0 at Watton despite putting in a promising display ahead of the start of their league campaign next weekend.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
Norwich City Men VII drew 1-1 with Dereham V despite taking the lead through a deflected strike. However Dereham hit back after the break through a penalty corner. Dereham Men IV lost out 5-0 to their Norwich counterparts despite putting in a promising display.