Friendly: Lowestoft Town 2, King’s Lynn Town 0
King's Lynn Town slipped to their first defeat of pre-season on Saturday afternoon as Lowestoft Town made home advantage tell with a 2-0 victory at Crown Meadow.
Two second-half goals from summer signing Jack Ainsley, in the 49th and 68th minutes, were enough to settle a competitive clash between the established Ryman League Premier Division side and the Evo-stik Northern League Premier Division new-boys.
Lynn gave a trial in the match to former Rainworth MW and Eastwood Town striker Ewan Clarke, brother of Ryan Clarke. The 23-year-old was a scholar with Notts County and was an apprentice at Watford before joining Boston United and moving onto Shepshed Dynamo.
Meanwhile Lowestoft have boosted their goalkeeping strength by signing triallist Ashlee Jones, 25, on a one year contract, following his departure from Canvey Island in the summer.
The Blues have already signed another goalkeeper during the close season in the form of Will Viner from Thurrock but Jake Jessup's potential move to Forest Green has prompted the Trawlerboys to re-enter the market.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides are in action again tomorrow night with Lowestoft travelling to Thetford Town and the Linnets visiting St Neots.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city