Friendly: Lowestoft Town 2, King’s Lynn Town 0
King's Lynn Town slipped to their first defeat of pre-season on Saturday afternoon as Lowestoft Town made home advantage tell with a 2-0 victory at Crown Meadow.
Two second-half goals from summer signing Jack Ainsley, in the 49th and 68th minutes, were enough to settle a competitive clash between the established Ryman League Premier Division side and the Evo-stik Northern League Premier Division new-boys.
Lynn gave a trial in the match to former Rainworth MW and Eastwood Town striker Ewan Clarke, brother of Ryan Clarke. The 23-year-old was a scholar with Notts County and was an apprentice at Watford before joining Boston United and moving onto Shepshed Dynamo.
Meanwhile Lowestoft have boosted their goalkeeping strength by signing triallist Ashlee Jones, 25, on a one year contract, following his departure from Canvey Island in the summer.
The Blues have already signed another goalkeeper during the close season in the form of Will Viner from Thurrock but Jake Jessup's potential move to Forest Green has prompted the Trawlerboys to re-enter the market.
Both sides are in action again tomorrow night with Lowestoft travelling to Thetford Town and the Linnets visiting St Neots.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours