Friendly: King’s Lynn Town 4, AFC Sudbury 1
- Credit: Ian Burt
Impressive Lynn came from behind to extend their unbeaten pre-season programme to four matches.
Jordan Blackwell gave Sudbury an early lead – after Luke Callander had left Sam Gaughran for dead in the build-up – by rounding Lynn keeper Alex Street and rolling the ball into an empty net.
Lee Stevenson equalised for the Linnets following industrious work from midfield compatriot Conor Marshall. The hosts' excellent play was rewared further after the break when Stevenson, teed up by Gaughran, doubled his account. And Sam Mulready soon made it three when he followed up Marshall's saved effort to net from close range.
Michael Clunan's penalty in time added on capped a fine personal display as he and a host of his team-mates showed their class during a what was, at times, a fiesty affair.
The Walks' faithful were rightly appreciative of their troops' free-flowing play at the final whistle as they continue to build up a head of steam before the big Southern League Premier Division kick-off on Saturday, August 8.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Setchell's side are back in action on Tuesday when they visit Brackley Town in their fifth warm-up fixture of the summer.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
Lynn (4-2-3-1): Street (Pearson, 77), Watson (Ramm, 29), Miller (R Fryatt, 57), Gaughran, Yong, Clunan, Marshall, Stevenson (L Fryatt 71), Hurst, Frohawk, Mulready. Booked: Miller, Ramm, Clunan. Goals: Stevenson (31, 58), Mulready (63), Clunan (pen, 90+2)
Sudbury (4-1-4-1): Bowles (Tibbles, 71), Coe , Mallardo, Berquez, Baker (Clements, 71), Henshaw, Wales, Parker, Callander, Bailey (Blackman, 71), Blackwell. Sub not used: Godbold. Booked: Callander. Goal: Blackwell (12)
Referee: N Walker
See Monday's paper for more reaction, and pictures, from the friendly.