Friendly: Dereham Town 0, King’s Lynn Town 2
First-half goals from Steve Spriggs and Danny Beaumont helped King's Lynn Town to a 2-0 victory at Dereham Town tonight.
Gary Setchell's side picked up a deserved win, their first of pre-season, thanks in large to a dominant first-half display.
Both sides were looking to bounce back from friendly defeats at the weekend but it was the Linnets who certainly started the brighter. Setchell's side took control of the early exchanges with Jamie Thurlbourne pulling the strings in an unusual central midfield role.
And Lynn got the lead their fine start deserved when Spriggs slotted home excellently in the 21st minute. His goal owed much to the fine tracking back of Beaumont, who won the ball, and fed Jamie Forshaw. His clever flick found Spriggs and the winger fired home with a piercing left-footed drive.
Matt Henman's Dereham kept trying to impose their passing style on the game and Shaun Bammant went close with a scuffed shot that Lynn number one Alex Street saved with his foot.
You may also want to watch:
Thurlbourne soon rattled the post with a stunning 25-yard half volley as Lynn regained control. And Spriggs went close to adding a second before Beaumont slotted home from close range to put Lynn two ahead.
The second half became a more disjointed affair with a host of substitutions interrupting the flow of the game. But Dereham grew into the game and gave a much-better account of themselves. Scott Roberts almost pulled a goal back for the hosts but Street made a fine sprawling save.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
• Dereham: Wilton, Willis, Starling, Hannant, Sommerfield, Eastoe-Smith, Roberts, Smith, Bammant, Tuttle, Bussens
• Subs used: Hawkins, Borrer, Powley, Sutherland-Gray, Rocastle, Muddel, Boswell, Miller
• King's Lynn: Street, Watson, Fryatt, Gulliver, McLeish, Spriggs, Thurlbourne, Quigley, Bunting, Spriggs, Forshaw
• Subs used: Ward, Livoti, Biles, Daw, Johnson
• Goals: Spriggs (21), Beaumont (41)
• Attendance: 130
• Referee: M George