Framingham Earl see off Horsford to book place in last four of Norwich Cup
- Credit: Archant � 2010
Framingham Earl are through to the semi-final stage of the Norwich Cup after defeating a useful looking Horsford Heroes side with a session to spare.
Framingham join Bob Carter and Hevingham in the semi-final with the Hempnall v Connaught A result still to come in.
Hevingham got through after a solid home performance by their pairs against Sprowston. Pat Williamson and Steve Hall won 10-3 against Les Harman and David Dewing and 9-5 against Peter Johnson and Les Chadwick. Eddie Hayward and David Sharpe beat Peter Johnson and Les Chadwick 15-2 and then won 11-6 against Les Harman and David Dewing.
In the triples Gill Bunn, Alan Bunn and Aleck Haynes beat Carol Johnson, Margaret Munford and George Munford 20-2 in the opening session with Linda Chadwick, John Graver and Margaret Harman replying with a 9-4 win against Pat Hall, Chris Brooks and Maurice Kemp.
The second half saw Kemp's triple getting a better result beating George Munford's triple 12-2 while Sprowston's Margaret Harman triple won again beating Aleck Haynes 9-5 leaving Hevingham celebrating a 12-4 home win.
You may also want to watch:
Hempnall made it five straight wins to move top of the Tens League after a hard fought match at Kirby Bedon finished in a three-shot win for the visitors.
In the Bure League East Tuddenham lead the way but only four points separate the top four. Tuddenham won 8-2 at home to Windows whilst Woodbastwick earned two solid 7-3 away wins at Kirby Bedon and Hevingham.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
Robbie Lamb's triple stormed to a 28-8 win for Halvergate in a 10-0 home win against Horsford BC for the title contenders.
Thorpe Marriott lost a close match 7-3 at home to Heroes. Andy Drummie, Carol Kemp and Mark Tuttle scored an important 17-10 win against George Clarke which secured the away win while Vic Webster's triple weighed in with a 14-12 win against John Jarvis. Heroes skip Chris Woodhouse drew 12-12 with Sylvia Turner while Richard Perkins scored Marriott's only win beating Jane James 16-12.
Halvergate completed an easy passage into the Bure Cup Final by winning the second leg of their semi-final tie at Kirby Bedon by 10-6.