Foxwood end unbeaten streak of Norwich & District Table Tennis league leaders Gothic
- Credit: Archant
Gothic A lost their first match of the Premier A season by the closest of margins when they went down 6-4 in a hard-fought battle at Foxwood A.
With five games going the full distance Gothic managed only one win out of five. Closest of these games was Chris Durrant, just losing 13-11 in the fifth to Andy Hawes.
Wensum C had their best win of the season, defeating second-placed CEYMS B 7-3 with a good team performance. Sean Molloy was firing on all cylinders, taking all his three singles plus the doubles with Frank Hayward.
In Premier B, Wensum E continued their winning ways with an 8-2 victory over UEA B. Paul Speakman and Arpad Berger had to work hard for their maximums. Taverham A got a 10-0 hiding from Harriers A. Harriers B just salvaged a point against Gothic B, losing 7-3.
Saint Faiths Centre have won a match at last – they beat old rivals Wensum F 7-3, with a maximum from Paul Arthurs showing he is finding his form. The battle of the Foxwoods saw Foxwood D lose 8-2 to Foxwood C. President of the League Bob King won two singles.
You may also want to watch:
Rosebery Road went down 7-3 to Foxwood F in Division One. Bryan Scurfield completed a good maximum to steer CEYMS E to a 7-3 victory at Wensum.
Man of the match Kevin Armstrong swung a tight match in favour of the Foxwood F team when they beat Foxwood E 7-3. Performance of the night was Harold Chapman's 3-0 destruction of Kieran Brady.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home
Jack Harrowing won all his games in straight sets to steer Taverham B to an 8-2 victory over Gothic C. Bottom side Rosebery Road drew with Harriers D. Returners A overcame Foxwood G 9-1 while Paul Hume was the star of the UEA C versus NCC A match, which ended in an 8-2 win for the students.
In Division Two, Missionaries' postponed matches have allowed The Originals and Dynamic Rams to take top spots. The Originals were deserved 7-3 winners against a determined Ex-Choristers side, thanks to a fine maximum from Aaron Marche. The Rams fought out a predictable draw against Ex Choristers. Gothic D probably had the best win of the week, beating Returners B 6-4. Taverham C beat Wensum H 6-4.
Thorpe St Andrew top Division Three with five points in hand over nearest rivals UEA D. Tankards got off to a flying start in their match against Thorpe winning the first two games but maximums from Bob Taylor and Rod Clayton helped the leaders to a 7-3 win.
- For the latest tables, see today's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News.