Forthcoming sailing events
This weekend Norwich Rowing Club hold their Whitlingham Week regatta starting today and running through tomorrow and Saturday, rowing in the New Cut.
RNSYC's June regatta will be sailed from tomorrow to Sunday, while other weekend events comprise NBYC's Open Topper and Dinghy meeting, and a River Cruiser meeting on Barton, with one non competitive event when Yare Valley hold a rally on Black Horse Broad.
On Saturday, Bitterns cruise up the Bure from Thurne, while on Sunday Beccles have an Enterprise and Streaker Open, and Horning an Open down-river to Acle.
Midsummer weekend of June 22 and 23 are headed by Horning's hosting of the Yeoman National Championships, with four other meetings, Leaders at Hickling, YBODs on Barton, the Squib Reynolds Rose Bowl Open at Lowestoft, and Reedham Open Regatta, hosted by Yare SC.
Northern Rivers start a 16 day East Coast cruise on the Saturday. One day events on Saturday 22 are a BOD Simo event at Lowestoft and a Norfolk Wherry trust cruise from Ludham, and on Sunday 23 Albion hosts an Open day at Ludham, Buckenham an Enterprise Open, and Martham Boating Assn a 'Come and try Sailing' event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143