Former Norwich City academy player Adam Marriott claims Cambridge City awards haul
- Credit: Dave Pettengell, Cambridge City
Brandon footballer Adam Marriott has capped a brilliant season with Cambridge City by collecting a host of awards.
The Calor (Southern) League Premier Division side finished third in the table this season, with Marriott scoring 41 goals to finish as the league's top scorer, but lost 4-2 to St Albans City in the play-off semi-finals.
The 23-year-old striker was given a special award for breaking the club's individual scoring record for one season at their annual award evening.
He was also handed the BBC Radio Cambridgeshire Player of the Season award and the first-team Players' Player award.
Cambridge are now likely to face a battle to hold on to the former Norwich City academy player, who went to school at Mildenhall Upper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job