Forest Edge gets into the festive spirit
Festive fun was on offer at Forest Edge Arena on Saturday.
The Christmas Fun Show featured novelty showing classes, followed by unaffiliated show jumping.
Several competitors entered into the festive spirit, adorned with tinsel, bells and red hats!
Black Shetland pony Burlington Bertie stole the hearts of the judges. Owned by Mrs K Rule, and led by young Arthur Rule, 'Bertie' won the Handsomest Gelding and 'the pony Santa would most like to take home' classes.
The most entertaining class of the day to watch was the 'Hoof and Woof' class: a round of show jumping, followed by a course of jumps and obstacles completed by the canine member of the family, all against the clock. The eventual winner was Holly Hetherington riding Ziggy, and leading Ginny.
You may also want to watch:
Chocolate Santas and sweets were the prizes, and young Mollie Rix from Hunstanton went home with Santa's sack full. Riding her own Rosemore Lucky Touch she won the first class of the day, the 60cm Open. She continued her form by winning the 80cm and 90cm open classes riding Titanic.
This week is the all important British Showjumping Seniors Pre-Olympia Show.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
The show starts tomorrow, and runs through until Sunday. There is a Six Bar competition starting at 7pm on Saturday.
The cafe will be open, and there is a licensed bar until 11pm. Look out for the EQ Life team at the show who will be covering the event.