Forecast is for yet another tough weekend at Holt club
Holt SAC fished their latest club match at Kelling on Sunday, a relatively tough match for those competing. John Neave managed nine fish for 2lb 5oz. Keith Morley was second with 1lb 11oz and Peter Loke third with 1lb 5oz.
The club are at Bacton this coming weekend for the last round of the Norfolk sea league, though the small tides don't auger well for great sport. Saying that, the temperatures are picking up and if there are any early bass around, Bacton is as good a place as any to find them.
The story for the rest of the region seems to be one of undersized codling with lots of fish in the 25-30cm size range. This certainly holds some promise for the next season or two when there must be great chances of us enjoying some decent winter codding. It seems like an eternity since they showed in good numbers and sizes.
South of our region and the rays are starting to show in Essex and Kent, a sure sign that spring is on its way, and despite our spring run looking like it might be a 'tiddler run' things should start to look up over the coming weeks. The school bass will soon show and there will be dogfish about towards the end of this month and into April before May gives way to real chances of a proper bass and maybe even early hounds – we live in hope.
Anybody fishing the beaches in the north of the patch a week ago may well have been treated to a stunning display of the northern lights. I managed to grab a few shots at Bacton and there were lights along the beach at Keswick so I hope those fishing got some good views of this rare visitor – as well as a fish or two.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 3 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 6 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 7 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 8 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 9 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 10 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich