Fly Fishing: John Wilson set to make guest appearance at Nar Valley
Pike have been the most prolific sport at the Nar Valley Fisheries complex this week.
Fenn Lake, Johns Pond and Lake Geneva have all produced Pike to mid double figures. The carp have been very quiet this week and with the weather improving the prospects are good for this weekend.
The final stocking of Trout in Hobbs Lake has taken place ready for the opening day on March 1.
TV angling celebrity John Wilson will be present at the opening, which will take place at 9am, and John will be trying his luck to land one of the first few fish from this large trout fishery. Rainbow trout from 1.5lb to 12lb have been stocked to give this venue a terrific start. To join us on the opening day, or permit information contact Chris on 01553 636507.
A good day for all at Blackdyke fishery on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
The airflo bank masters fished very well with over a 100 fish caught and released. Congratulations to Bart Farmer coming first with local boy Gavin Cairns in fourth place and the largest fish of the day a nice 7lb 4oz rainbow. All the fish were returned to fight another day with Gavin's being entered into the trout masters competition the top four anglers all going through to the final good luck to all of them.
We will be closed Sunday March 4 as there is another match on for Rib Valley angling club.
The unseasonable warm weather is bringing the fish up in the afternoons so small unleaded nymphs with a fast figure-of-eight retrieve is the best method.
Other flies catching are hares ear and a marabou damsel. The best catch this week was by Dan Warburton who caught seven rainbow, with three being over 4lbs and which were all returned.
We also heard this week we have been chosen to host the 'Fishing for Heroes' East of England heat again to be held in May. We have three places left – Contact Ian on 07776 370348 for more details.
We open on March 1 – the lakes are very clear and have been freshly stocked with rainbow and brown trout of 1.5lb upwards. Day tickets are �22 (four fish) and �12 (two fish). Car parking available. Log on at www.willowlakessuffolk.co.uk for more information.