Fly Fishing: Bloom’s joy after luring ‘The Cat’
The unsettled weather has caused inconsistent catches from all the lakes at the Nar Valley Fisheries complex. Despite this, Fenn lake has produced a new complex record for Wels Catfish. 'The Cat' was 28lbs 12ozs and came to a bottom bait placed at around 40 yards under an overhanging tree. Vince Bloom was the captor on his first visit to the venue. There has been lots of carp action from Lake Geneva with many fish in the 15lb to 25lb range willing to accept baits. A few upper twenties have been reported with the best a 32lb mirror. Important notice – from 6am on Monday, July 16 the causeway access will be restricted until further notice, fishing only from 6pm to 6am weekdays and from 1pm on Saturdays to 6am Mondays.
Hobbs Lake Trout Fishery is in great form with some spectacular hatches of olives, damsel flies, and sedges. The best methods appear to be slow retrieved emergers, nymphs, and buzzers, with a dry fly certainly well worth a go. For further information of this superb Trout fishery, or the coarse fisheries contact Chris on 01553 636507.
You may also want to watch:
Blackdyke trout fishery this week has had some good catches with buzzers, small drys, corexia and small nymphs. Lots of fish are rising and can be seen swimming close to the surface. The big 17lb rainbow has yet to be caught – come along and have a go. There is a �2 entry fee and whoever catches it will win �50. Places for Hywel Morgan on September 29 are running out so please book now if you are interested on 07525730447.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
An inch of rain at Willow Lakes is keeping water temperatures down and with a cool week forecast fishing should continue to be very good. Dry flies especially daddies are catching well with black and green lures and nymphs taking their share. Prospects very good.