Fleming explains his new role
Lowestoft Town have appointed Craig Fleming as director of football at Crown Meadow, but he insists it will not detract from his first team commitments.
Fleming will remain part of the Blues management team alongside Micky Chapman and Ady Gallagher as part of first team affairs, but will also help promote the club in the local community.
'We want to move the club forward as best we can,' said the former Norwich City defender, whose arrival at the club coincided with successive promotions before narrowly missing out on going up last season. 'We have been working on things over the past few seasons, but I will be able to devote more time to it now and we want to get the club out into the community.'
Fleming insisted that it will not detract from his work with the first team and revealed that plans are already well under way for next season.
'To be brutally honest, I sulked for a few days (after the play-off defeat) but since then it's been all about planning for the new season. We're looking at a few players that we would like to bring in, but we're not ready to announce anything yet.
You may also want to watch:
'The new role won't really change anything in terms of the first team. I will be working alongside Mick and Ady again.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk