Five-star Joss sends Downham into third
FRANKLY DIGITAL NORFOLK ALLIANCE: Joss Stuart claimed 5 for 30 and Peter J Cairns 4 for 21 as reigning Premier Division champions Downham climbed into third place.
After skittling Norwich and Coltishall Wanderers out for 91, Downham knocked the runs off with seven wickets in hand.
Swardeston A held out for a losing draw at home to Division One leaders Old Buckenham. The visitors posted 225 for 9, Terry Perry top-scoring with 54 and Andrew Lawrence hitting 44. In reply Swardeston were well set thanks to Jordan Taylor (57) and Saphie Herathge (40) but Lawrence (4 for 52) helped remove the middle order and Dale Reynolds and Rob Micklethwaite batted out the final nine overs to reach 186-9.
Fakenham A's Paul Dungar hit a half-century in the rain-affected Division Two draw with Sheringham, while Downham A's Dom Tulett and Jason Coe both scored fifties in the eight-wicket win over Beccles. Matthew Ellis's unbeaten 67 helped leaders Hethersett and Tas Valley to a six-wicket win over Horsford A. Swardeston B secured a winning draw at Divison Three leaders Great Melton. In a reduced overs game Swardeston posted 174 for 5, Ben Shearing top-scoring with 45. Great Melton reached 161-6.
Craig Titmarsh (59) and Jordan Grass (4 for 20) starred in Swaffham's 40-run win over Sprowston A, while Peter Nobbs weighed in with 90 and Caleb Futter took four for 15 as Acle A beat Witchingham by 79 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Steeles took five for 11 in Narborough's eight-wicket Divison Four win, skittling out Norwich B for 81.
Candidate for unluckiest man of the day was Swardeston CEYMS' Jon Olpin who fell for 99 as his side posted 194 for 8 after Division Five leaders Rocklands had scored 211 for 3 at Hilltops.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region