Finch helps Wroxham to big victory against Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from Christy Finch helped Wroxham to a morale boosting 4-1 victory over 10-man Maldon and Tiptree.
Wroxham made one change from the side that drew with Brentwood last Saturday, with new signing Kyle Baker making his debut at the expense of Remy Gordon, who dropped to the bench.
Both sides created chances in an open start, before Wroxham took the lead on eight minutes through a Jamie Forshaw thunderbolt.
Some tricky play from Jack Garrod down the left laid in the striker, who ran onto it to strike first time into the top left corner from 20 yards.
Garrod then missed a golden chance on 20 minutes when clean through – dinking the ball straight at Darren Behcet – before Finch notched his first on 34 minutes, calmly slotting home after a mistake from Phil Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were in control, but a spirited response at the start of the second half saw Maldon find a way back in it, a quick break from Tunde Adewunmi releasing Mason Bloomfield, who beat Pride at his near post.
Wroxham responded in kind, Finch again providing a calm finish on 56 minutes to restore their lead from Danny White's lofted through ball, before Johnathon Nzengo was shown a straight red card for raising his hands on 71 minutes.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
And a quick break one minute before the end completed the win, Finch providing the ball to Gordon who slid home from three yards to seal the victory.