Finch helps Wroxham to big victory against Maldon & Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Two goals from Christy Finch helped Wroxham to a morale boosting 4-1 victory over 10-man Maldon and Tiptree.
Wroxham made one change from the side that drew with Brentwood last Saturday, with new signing Kyle Baker making his debut at the expense of Remy Gordon, who dropped to the bench.
Both sides created chances in an open start, before Wroxham took the lead on eight minutes through a Jamie Forshaw thunderbolt.
Some tricky play from Jack Garrod down the left laid in the striker, who ran onto it to strike first time into the top left corner from 20 yards.
Garrod then missed a golden chance on 20 minutes when clean through – dinking the ball straight at Darren Behcet – before Finch notched his first on 34 minutes, calmly slotting home after a mistake from Phil Anderson.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were in control, but a spirited response at the start of the second half saw Maldon find a way back in it, a quick break from Tunde Adewunmi releasing Mason Bloomfield, who beat Pride at his near post.
Wroxham responded in kind, Finch again providing a calm finish on 56 minutes to restore their lead from Danny White's lofted through ball, before Johnathon Nzengo was shown a straight red card for raising his hands on 71 minutes.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
And a quick break one minute before the end completed the win, Finch providing the ball to Gordon who slid home from three yards to seal the victory.