Fenmen break into top six for the first time
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are in the top six of the Premier Division for the first time this season.
Their 4-1 win at Peterborough Northern Star on Friday night was their third in a row – and sets them up for the Good Friday home clash with Sleaford Town.
Sam Murphy gave the visitors the lead in the 16th minute, heading home Billy Smith's corner virtually unchallenged.
Nine minutes later, another Smith corner was met by the head of Luke Wilson and the defender scored his third of the season from eight yards.
Two minutes into the second half, regular set-piece taker Smith feinted to take a free-kick 25 yards out but instead left it to Liam Adams and the youngster smashed the ball into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
The home side did get on the scoresheet in the 79th minute through subs Jez Goldson-Williams, but the points were guaranteed two minutes into added time as Alex Beck rose highest to head yet another Smith corner into the net.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back