Felixstowe 0, Norwich United 0
Despite having the better chances in what was a poor game the Planters had to settle for a point on a poor surface at Felixstowe.
The hosts supplied most of the early pressure as the Planters started on the back foot, but it was the visitors who created the best chance in the opening 15 minutes, Carl Poppy's through ball forced a corner and from the flag kick Adrian Ager's header was just out of Thomas Mustapha's reach. Felixstowe continued to dominate but were up against a resilient Planters defence and were limited to shots from distance, Jordan Matthews and Jamie Cole both firing straight at Ben Nower who saved comfortably and Alicion Blake fired over after cutting in from the left.
Steve Shipley went close for the Planters from another corner but saw his glancing header well saved by home keeper Guy Clubb.
The Planters improved after the break with the advantage of the slope but Blake caused the visitors problems firing a shot across the face of goal.
From a free kick on the left Shipley found himself in space at the back post but his shot was denied again by Clubb's save. On the hour mark Lee Hunter capitalised on a defensive error and bore down on goal, but his shot toward the far bottom corner was well saved low down by Clubb diving to his right.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Louis Cutajar was next to be denied after a good run into the box but he saw his shot blocked.
Blake saw his shot on the turn saved by Ben Nower.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
Poppy and Lee Hunter combined well to force a corner the flag kick finding Poppy whose shot from outside the area was straight to Clubb.
Cutajar then hit over the bar after Mustapha cut in from the left.
Felixstowe were looking to break the deadlock themselves and Matthews saw his shot deflected over the bar and Ben Cranfield hit his shot over the top from close range.
With the last touch of the game Clubb had to save Martin McNeil's header from a Lee Hunter corner to preserve the home teams point.
Felixstowe & Walton United: Clubb, Clarke, Agricole, Powell, Davis, Sheppard, Matthews, Blake, Cole, Cranfield, Ryland. Subs: Garnham, Duzgan, Bright.
Norwich United: Nower, Shipley, Key, Ager, McNeil, Jeal, L Hunter, Poppy (Lovelock 75), Mustapha (Bennett 86), King, I Hunter (Cutajar 60).
Referee: P Burnham.
Assistants: S Gillman & B Williams