Federation teams seal fine double
The two Norfolk Federation bowls teams travelled to North Cambs on Saturday for their latest games in the EBF County Championships.The Adams team played at March Town BC and continued their good start to the season, recording a comfortable 43 shot win, taking 20 of the available points.
The two Norfolk Federation bowls teams travelled to North Cambs on Saturday for their latest games in the EBF County Championships.
The Adams team played at March Town BC and continued their good start to the season, recording a comfortable 43 shot win, taking 20 of the available points.
The game was tight over the first five ends, with Norfolk moving into a 27-23 lead. At 10 ends the lead was eight shots and this had increased to 16 shots by end 15. Norfolk continued to stretch their lead and held a 26-shot advantage at 20 ends and a 40-shot lead at 25 ends. A final push saw Norfolk run out winners by 193 shots to North Cambs' 150.
Individual rink scores: T Baker, N Browne and V Hudson 22-31; M Elliott, S Elliott and A Manson 41-26; C Carter, M Reynolds and C Lawrence 30-29; A Sayer, G Todhunter and C Woodcock
27-18; M Chapman, K Kemp and W Burrage 33-24; S Reynolds, R Greef and I Whiley 40-22.
The Newton team played their game at St Lawrence and were looking for an improvement on last week's disappointing result.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Ambulance trust spends £20k of 'Captain Tom money' on pin badges and dogs
- 10 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
After five ends only two shots separated the teams, with North Cambs leading 26-24. They increased their lead to six shots after 10 ends and at this point the Norfolk players started to get to grips with the green and at 15 ends had moved into an eight shot lead. The lead increased to 12 shots at 20 ends and the gap remained the same at 25 ends.
A strong finish by the Norfolk players saw the gap widen to 33 shots for a much needed win. With four of the blocks winning, Norfolk picked up 18 points.
Rink scores: K Hammond, D Cole and M Leverett 22-23; D Smith, R Meeks and G Mayhew 30-24; S Bunton, M Wilkinson and N Coverdale 39-18; D Wiseman, D Sherman and N Raven 16 -37; R Bunton, P Clutterbuck and P Randall
40-22; F Ray, B Nurse and M Bird 32 shots to 22.
t The Business Houses League witnessed a shock when last year's beaten finalists Settlement House were knocked out of the KO Cup in the second round by Rackheath 71-71 (4-2 extra end, A Tolver, N Reeve, R Cliffe 28-12). They soon put this behind them in the league by taking maximum points from wins over Catton 97-51 and Sprows-ton Sports 89-66 to move back to the top of the table.