Federation bowlers celebrate successful year
Norfolk's Federation bowlers gathered at Pinewood Park Banqueting Suite on Friday for their annual dinner and prize presentation.
The special guests were EBF National President Richard Montgomery and EWBF National President, Norfolk's Geraldine Reeve.
Guests were welcomed by NCWBA President Janet Church and NCBA President Alan Rowsell. Richard Montgomery closed the speeches and complimented the county on the organisation of the dinner.
The evening's highlight was the presentation of trophies to the county and national winners.
At the Indoor National Finals at Newark, Norfolk bowlers came away with three titles – Stephen Winter, men's singles; Jo Buxton and Jenny Morrison, ladies' pairs; and Barbara Meek, Rob Parker and Dennis, Goodley mixed triples.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies' Executive team won the Harry Carver Trophy and Norfolk won the trophy for the most successful County.
At the outdoor finals at Skegness in August, the ladies retained the Silver Jubilee Vase and Alex Manson won the Secretary's Singles title.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
• County title winners – Outdoor: Two Bowl Singles, Ladies: Geraldine Reeve. Men: Tony Elvin. Four Bowl Singles, Ladies: Pam Rolph. Men: Ian Wines. Under-25 Singles, Ladies: Jess Pratt. Men: Daniel Seabourne. Senior Singles, Ladies: Pauline Duffield. Men: Tony Thrower. Champion of Champion Singles, Ladies: Julie Walmsley. Men: Vernon Hudson. Secretary's Singles, Ladies: Lilian Barber. Men: Alex Manson. Under-25 Open Pairs: Ashley and David Smith. Pairs, Ladies: Gwyn Xuereb and Marion Himpleman. Men: David Sherman and Kenny Breame. Senior Pairs, Ladies: Pam Rolph and Jo Buxton. Men: Brian Hubbard and David Reynal. Mixed Pairs: Michelle and Paul Clutterbuck. Senior Mixed Pairs: Elaine and David Cole. Two Bowl Rinks, Ladies: Gwyn Xuereb, Geraldine Reeve and Marion Himpleman. Men: Andy Sayer, Richard Bunton and Chris Woodcock. Three Bowl Rinks, Ladies: Sue Lee, Liz Shorter and Linda Blake. Men: Brian Hubbard, Nathan Chilvers and Trevor Jermy. Indoor: Four Bowl Singles, Ladies: Jo Buxton, Men: Stephen Winter. Under-25 singles: Ashley Smith. Pairs, Ladies: Jo Buxton and Jenny Morrisson. Men: Gary Todhunter and Chris Woodcock. Mixed Pairs: Angie Royal and Stepen Winter. Two Bowl Rinks, Ladies: Molly Auld, Barbara Meeks and Geraldine Reeve. Men: Ian Wones, Colin Blake and Bryan Sadler. Mixed Rinks: Barbara Meeks, Rob Parker and Dennis Goodley. Outdoor Team Competitions: County Cup, Ladies: Mill Farm. Men: Settlement House. Subsidiary Cup: Swanton Abbott. Burton Cup: South Norfolk. Jason Roope Shield: Cawston. Super Six: Long Stratton. Ladies' Inter District: West. County League Champions: Cawston Rebels.