FDC Monday Ladies County 5IVES league
The FDC's Ladies County 5IVES league has seen three weeks of fixtures so far this season, with another 12 left to play.
The impressive Pidge Has Flown and Lowestoft Town Ladies look set to battle for supremacy again in the Premier Division. The two talented sides had an epic battle at the top of the table last season, with Lowestoft Town Ladies taking the crown by a single point.
Keen to avenge last season's heartbreak, Pidge Has Flown won the first of three battles between the sides this season, 9-6 on week two, and hold a three-point lead at the top at this early stage over their likely closest rivals.
Misfits continue to go well and are also just three points off the top. They beat Amber United last time out 12-9 and will have a say in which way the title goes, that's for sure.
We do have a vacancy in this league so any females that are interested in playing weekly small sided football are encouraged to get in touch with us at the FDC, via calling 01603 748944 or e-mailing County5IVES@NorfolkFA.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
After three games, no team has a perfect record and just Chompoo FC can boast an unbeaten start, winning two and drawing one. They sit top. Acle Rangers and Costessey Sports Ladies are just a point behind in second and third respectively.
The fast improving North Elmham Ladies, who struggled when they first joined the County 5IVES leagues two seasons ago, continue to compete well this season and are the only side to take points off Chompoo FC, having drew with them 4-4 on week two.
Hockering Ladies B and Norfolk Girls continue to battle bravely and currently occupy the fifth and sixth positions in the league; however there is still plenty of football left to be played!
The FDC is hosting a new male league on a Monday evening. This league, unique in its format, is running for a six week period over the summer season only, presenting a perfect opportunity for players to keep ticking over during the close season period.
This league will be starting on Monday 24 June and anybody interested in entering a team or requiring more information is encouraged to get in contact as soon as possible with the FDC team on 01603 748944 or County5IVES@NorfolkFA.com