Fawkes on fire as Cromer go clear at top of Anglian Combination
Cromer made a break for the Premier Division title on Saturday as they won at North Walsham, while rivals Blofield United and Acle battled out a draw.
Antoni Fawkes (2) and Darren Terrington were on target in Cromer's 3-0 victory, which put them three points clear of Blofield. Daniel Wynne scored for Blofield in their 1-1 draw, while Daniel Foreman netted for Acle.
At the other end of the table, the key game was at Wymondham, where the hosts registered a crucial 2-0 win against relegation rivals Hempnall. Robert Browne and Gareth Downs were the scorers.
Raymond Masters scored the only goal of the game at Beccles as Mattishall's slump continued and Michael Tacon bagged two in Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves' 3-1 defeat of St Andrews.
Goals from Loddon's Richard Summons, Wayne Smith, Ashley Ling and Philip Collins saw bottom side Wells beaten 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Kay scored for Norwich St Johns at home to Sheringham but Benjamin Smith's goal earned a point for the visitors.
Spixworth won 2-1 at Wroxham Reserves with goals from Danny Brown and Ben Welham.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Dersingham Rovers remained top of Division One with a 2-1 home success against Hindringham. Chris Jenkins and Cameron Copeland were on target for the hosts.