Family affair at Dereham
Dereham's annual adult/junior greensome competition for the Alec Porter Shield was won by Jill Trudgill and James Hunt with a staggering 49 points off a combined handicap of 25.
Richard Wilson and Will Cross, playing off four, took second place with 42 points; Paul and Nic Cains, playing off 10, came third on countback with 41 points.
The nine-hole Bob Lees Trophies were won by father and son duo Derek and Liam Kevern with 27 points, closely followed by John and Immy Leeder with 26 points. Stuart and Matthew Goodman took third place with 20 points.
Junior captain Michael Watters won the 18-hole Wallace Trophy with a net 68 (79-11-68). Second was Nic Cains (74-5-69) and third Max Jacobs (96-23-73).
The nine hole competition, saw Harry Bush take the gross prize of the Corroless Shield and Immy Leeder winning her first competition, taking the net prize of the Corroless Cup. Having moved up to the red tees Charlotte Chisholm continued her winning streak in the five-holes contest. Excellent scores mean Harry Bush and Liam Kevern will now move onto yellow tees.
You may also want to watch:
• Dereham's Helen Burrage and Pam Kaye have won through to the quarter-finals of the Daily Mail Foursomes and will play off for the title at Dalmahoy in October. They claimed their place when they won their seventh round away match at Pavenham Park in Bedfordshire.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls