Fakenham Town 0 Leicester City XI 7 – Young Foxes prove their talents at Clipbush Park
- Credit: Tony Miles
The youngsters of Premier League champions Leicester City proved far too strong for Fakenham Town at Clipbush Park.
There were no big names on display for supporters to feast their eyes upon, but the football more than made up for it, with the first half being a real defensive test for the Ghosts, and they stood firm until the 30th minute when Danny Rowe opened the scoring.
With a first-half thunderstorm looming in the distance, and the downpour that came with it resulting in a very slippery surface, a passing game was made that bit more tricky and that was to be the only goal of the half, as Fakenham went in at the midway point content that they'd shown the Premier League side's development players that they weren't going to roll over.
Into the second half, and an early second goal from Leicester's Matthew Miles threw the Ghosts off their stride. A third was added 10 minutes later as Harvey Barnes beat Rix in the Fakenham goal.
A fourth followed on 67 minutes, Kairo Mitchell this time finding the net, but the visitors weren't yet finished, as Michael Cain scored with the help of a wicked deflection.
You may also want to watch:
Lamine Sheriff fired a drive from distance, which beat the unsighted keeper, and Rowe completed the scoring with his second as the tie neared its end.
Fakenham now prepare for the visit of a development side from Norwich City on Saturday (3pm), with turnstile entry available, priced at adults £8 and children £4.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
Fakenham chairman Andrew Jarvis said: 'It was great to see so many supporting the teams here tonight. We've got a fantastic facility, and the players certainly appreciate good support.
'We'd also like to thank Leicester City Football Club for making the fixture possible, they've been fantastic as well.'
Fakenham: Rix, Sam Garner, Stu Garner, Youngs, Gilchrist, Franks, Dye, Harvey (C), Plumb, Jarvis, Brain
Leicester: Bramley, Knight, Dabayo, Cain (C), Kipre, Johnson, Miles, Trialist, Mitchell, Rowe, Barnes