Fakenham prove too strong for North Walsham seconds
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham maintained their flying start to the season by beating visitors North Walsham Raiders 24-3.
The visitors opened the scoring from a Will Minchin penalty, but Fakenham were far stronger in the pack and when they pushed a five-metre scrum up to the line Howard Kellock touched down.
The next score came when captain Tom Bane Young made a looping run across the pitch, drawing in the Walsham winger and giving a clean pass for Murray Tindall to score unopposed and make it 12-3,
After the break the home side scored two further tries through Jim Wells and a second from Tindall.
Norwich Union came through a tight game at Great Yarmouth-Broadland 26-24, with the try of the game from Callum Slaughter settling it. Union's remaining points came from two Jon Spicker tries, a penalty try and three Simon Bunting conversions.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Union Firebirds beat Beccles II 34-5 (Jamie Nixon 3, Noel Jones 2, Dan Jones, Chris de Main two conversions).
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?