Fakenham prove too strong for North Walsham seconds
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham maintained their flying start to the season by beating visitors North Walsham Raiders 24-3.
The visitors opened the scoring from a Will Minchin penalty, but Fakenham were far stronger in the pack and when they pushed a five-metre scrum up to the line Howard Kellock touched down.
The next score came when captain Tom Bane Young made a looping run across the pitch, drawing in the Walsham winger and giving a clean pass for Murray Tindall to score unopposed and make it 12-3,
After the break the home side scored two further tries through Jim Wells and a second from Tindall.
Norwich Union came through a tight game at Great Yarmouth-Broadland 26-24, with the try of the game from Callum Slaughter settling it. Union's remaining points came from two Jon Spicker tries, a penalty try and three Simon Bunting conversions.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Union Firebirds beat Beccles II 34-5 (Jamie Nixon 3, Noel Jones 2, Dan Jones, Chris de Main two conversions).
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach