Great Yarmouth Town head to Fakenham – for a second attempt to fulfil league fixture
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth Town head to Fakenham Town tonight to play 'the game that never was'.
The Bloaters' Thurlow Nunn Premier Division trip to Clipbush Park in October ended in controversy when the hosts' players refused to leave the dressing room – meaning a wasted journey for the men from The Wellesley.
Fakenham were fined for their one-night strike and made to replay the game – much to the annoyance of Yarmouth, who believe they should have been awarded the points – but the incident was followed by major changes on and off the field.
Great Yarmouth travel west in good spirits after a weekend 2-0 home win over FC Clacton which leaves them 16th in the table, while Fakenham were beaten by the same scoreline at Godmanchester Rovers and are third from bottom of the table.
In the Knockout Cup, Norwich United have a trip to March Town, Wisbech St Mary are away to Debenham LC and Cornard United host Braintree Town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre