Racing Club Warwich 0 Wisbech Town 2: Fenmen through to last 32 of FA Vase
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Wisbech Town bounced back from a midweek league defeat to progress to the last 32 of the Buildbase FA Vase with a battling display at Midland League side Racing Club Warwick.
Wisbech almost had the perfect start after just 10 seconds when Racers' keeper Tom Cross missed a back-pass but he was relieved to see the ball trickle just wide of the post.
Michael Frew created a chance in the 12th minute, but his shot cannoned back off the upright and he was denied by the same post after 28 minutes when he lobbed the keeper.
The Fenmen finally made the breakthrough in the 63rd minute. Frew capitalised on a defensive error to advance into the box and his low pass found Alex Beck who poked home from six yards.
Warwick were reduced to 10 men in the 80th minute and, four minutes into injury time, Frew was hauled down in the penalty area and Sam Murphy scored from the spot to secure the Fenmen's place in the fourth round for the first time in four years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk