FA Vase quarter-finalists Wisbech Town urged to focus on UCL fixture
- Credit: Archant
Joint-boss Dick Creasey has challenged his players to earn their shirt for Wisbech Town's huge FA Vase game – by forgetting about it for 90 minutes this afternoon.
The Fenmen welcome Northampton Sileby Rangers in the United Counties League Premier Division with many people's thoughts already starting to turn to next week's quarter-final at Sholing. But Creasey insists Town must simply focus on the task at hand today before they can even begin to think about the massive last-eight tie.
The Wisbech chief said: 'I've written in my programme notes that we've got to forget about the FA Vase this weekend. We've got a lot of work to do between now and then.
'We've got today's game, training, and lots of other preparing to do. I'm 90pc certain we'll have another body in next week, who can play in the FA Vase, so there's places up for grabs. We'll have 15 bodies to select from. Who's going to be in that side? I'll pick it, but it's down to the players and who performs today.'
Wisbech haven't played since they won their last-16 fixture in the national competition at Hadleigh United on February 15 to keep their dreams of reaching Wembley alive.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, electric frontman Tom 'TJ' James – who has scored in every Vase round that Town have competed in – and his team-mate Callum Stocks have both left the country to take up jobs in Australia.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?