FA Vase draw: Great Yarmouth paired with Wroxham whilst Kirkley & Pakefield will hit the road
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The first round proper of the FA Vase threw up a Norfolk derby as Great Yarmouth Town were paired with rivals Wroxham.
The Thurlow Nunn Premier Division will battle for a place in the second round at The Wellesley on Saturday, October 13.
After a difficult recent spell Yarmouth returned to form at the weekend with an impressive 3-1 win over Thetford, courtesy of a Kieran Hagan brace and a Sean Perfect strike.
Wroxham advanced thanks to a 3-0 win over Mulbarton Wanderers given to them through goals for Cruize Nyadazayo, Mac Gee and Jordan Bond.
Kirkley's reward for their 2-0 win over Gorleston is a trip to Enfield Borough in the second round whilst Swaffham Town will head to Haverhill Borough if they can come through their replay with Framlingham Town after a 0-0 draw on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of their first round proper ties will benefit from £825 in prize money whilst the losers get £275.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit