FA reveal what leagues champions King’s Lynn Town and Dereham Town will be in for 2013/14 campaign
- Credit: Ian Burt
Promoted King's Lynn Town and Dereham Town have today discovered what leagues they will be playing in next season.
As expected, Evo-Stik (Northern League) Division One South champions Lynn have been placed in the Evo-Stik Premier Division. That means they will face lengthy journeys up north, to places like Manchester and beyond, in their first season at Step Three of the non-league ladder.
Step Four-bound Dereham Town, who won the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, will play in Ryman (Isthmian) Division One North. The FA's decision sees them facing two derbies, at least, against Wroxham – who will be playing their second term at Step Four.
Lowestoft Town will remain in the Ryman Premier Division – one of two other leagues Lynn could have been placed in. Some fans of the Linnets had hoped they were going to be put into the Southern League, where they would have faced more 'local' sides like Cambridge City and St Neots Town.
Lynn's closest game geographically next season will be fellow promoted Evo-Stik Division One South side Stamford.
Evo-Stik Premier Division
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
FC United of Manchester
Kings Lynn Town
Stocksbridge Park Steels
Ryman Division One North
Erith & Belvedere
Maldon & Tiptree
Soham Town Rangers