FA Cup: Wisbech 0, Kettering Town 0 - Fenmen boss confident of replay upset
Wisbech Town face a replay against Kettering Town tomorrow night, but manager Steve Appleby is confident they can spring something of a surprise after Saturday's goalless draw.
Kettering, beset by problems off the pitch, had the better of it in the first half, and almost went ahead during a crazy 60-second spell when they saw two efforts cleared off the line and another well saved by home keeper Lea Jordan.
But Dubi Ogbonna missed chances to clinch it for the impressive Fenmen, who dominated the second period.
'I believe we can go there in a positive mood after today,' said Appleby. 'As long as we stand up and take the fight to Kettering I believe there is no doubt that we can get the ball down and probably hurt them.
'I thought the lads did magnificently today and we have matched a team from two leagues higher, regardless of their so-called problems. The players they put out are good players, they are sharp.
You may also want to watch:
'I think today we have seen two contrasting styles – we like to get the ball down and Kettering are very direct at the minute. I feel we could and should have won the game – we had more chances than they did and if we had been a touch sharper in the box we could have won it.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors