FA Cup round-up: Gorleston suffer embarrassing extra preliminary round exit at Peterborough Sports
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Gorleston exited the FA Cup in humiliating style after being hammered 8-0 at Peterborough Sports.
The Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division Greens were outclassed by a side who play at the same level in the United Counties League, having earned promotion last season. East coast neighbours Great Yarmouth Town also fell at the first hurdle, the extra preliminary round, losing 2-0 at Godmanchester Rovers.
Fakenham Town were beaten 1-0 by Sleaford Town at Clipbush Park as they also missed out on the chance of pocketing £1,500 prize money. The same went for Thetford Town who, despite taking the lead through Robbie Priddle at Harrowby United, lost 2-1 at Harrowby United.
Swaffham Town capped a miserable day for most of the area's sides by tasting a 4-1 reverse at Holbeach United. Alex Vincent netted the Pedlars' consolation. Kirkley & Pakefield gave themselves a chance of making the next stage by drawing 0-0 at home to Walsham-le-Willows. They will do it all again in a replay on Wednesday night.
Wisbech Town won 4-1 at Boston Town to set up a tasty clash with Peterborough Sports in the first qualifying round on Saturday August 20. The Fenmen secured their safe passage thanks to goals from Michael Frew (2), Edgaras Buzas and an Adam Millson penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town now know they will visit Yaxley – who destroyed Huntingdon Town in a club-record 12-0 win on Saturday – in less than a fortnight. Wroxham travel to Deeping Rangers, who won 4-1 at Ely City while Norwich United already knew they'd be hosting Histon.
In the Thurlow Nunn League First Division King's Lynn Town Reserves were thumped 6-1 at new boys Framlingham Town, Wisbech St Mary beat Needham Market Reserves 3-1 and March Town United drew 1-1 at Coggeshall Town.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Connor Deeks' goal secured a 1-0 win for Lowestoft Town in their final friendly of the summer at home to Cray Wanderers.