FA Cup disappointment for Norfolk trio
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Three Norfolk teams are out of the FA Cup after the weekend's preliminary round matches.
Wroxham went down 4-2 at home to Stamford and Gorleston were beaten 1-0 at home by Kempston Rovers, following Great Yarmouth Town after their 2-0 home loss to Rothwell Corinthians on Friday night.
Ryan Miles gave Wroxham the lead after just 14 minutes, but Tendai Chitiza levelled within a minute and goals by Cosmos Matwasa, Harry Vince and former King's Lynn Town player Tom Siddons put Stamford in control by half-time. Miles pulled one back six minutes after the interval but despite a better second-half performance, Wroxham couldn't add to their tally.
Gorleston - bottom of the Eastern Counties Premier Division after three defeats and no points - turned in an improved performance but were beaten by a 37th-minute goal by Kempston's Gareth Hunt.
In the Premier Division, Norwich United slipped from top to third after suffering their first loss after four consecutive wins, going down 1-0 at home to Mildenhall Town.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield lost by the same scoreline at home to Brantham Athletic while Thetford Town went down 4-2 at Newmarket Town.
In the First Division North, Downham Town were the only Norfolk side to win, taking the points after a 3-0 victory away to Cornard United.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
Goals from Luke Plumb, Jack Frohawk and an own goal put Downham top of the table.
Fakenham Town went down 2-0 at Debenham LC, while Sheringham were beaten 2-0 at Needham Market Reserves.
King's Lynn Reserves lost 3-2 at Felixstowe & Walton United Reserves.