FA Cup first qualifying round draw: Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and King’s Lynn Town land home draws; Lowestoft Town and Dereham Town set to hit the road
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston and Great Yarmouth Town will both be at home in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup.
The Greens will play the winners of the replay between Barking and Saffron Walden Town whilst the Bloaters will entertain Chesham United at the Wellesley on Saturday, September 2.
Yarmouth will be the underdogs against Chesham, who play in the Evo-Stik Premier Division - the same league as King's Lynn Town. However, they will be looking to make full use of home advantage as they did in the preliminary round in their victory over Basildon United courtesy of Lee Roots' winner.
Gorleston secured their passage into the first qualifying round thanks to Jack Garrod's injury time strike at Southend Manor. They could also come up against higher level opponents if Bostik League North (step four) side Barking come through against Saffron Walden, who Ricci Butler's men have already beaten this season in the league (5-1).
Dereham, who were 3-0 winners over Corby at the weekend with Danny Beaumont bagging a brace, will be confident of progress after being drawn away to United Counties League Premier Division side (step five), Yaxley.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft and King's Lynn also enter the competition at this stage. The Trawlerboys face a trip to Southern League Division One side (step four) Bedford Town, who ran out 3-1 winners against Swaffham Town on Saturday.
The Linnets, who have started their season with three straight wins, will enjoy home advantage against Coleshill Town of the Midlands League Premier Division (step five). Coleshill came through their preliminary round tie at Bromsgrove at the weekend in a seven-goal thriller.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Wisbech are at Spalding on Tuesday night in a replay after the two sides fought out a 2-2 draw at the weekend. If the Fenmen are victorious their reward will be a trip to either Newport Pagnell or Kempston Rovers.
The victorious sides will each receive £3,000 from the FA Cup prize fund and will earn a place in the second qualifying round, where they will be joined by teams from National League North and National League South.
FA Cup first qualifying round draw (ties to be played on Saturday, September 2)
Newport Pagnell or Kempston Rovers v Wisbech or Spalding
King's Lynn Town v Coleshill Town
Yaxley v Dereham Town
Bedford Town v Lowestoft Town
Great Yarmouth v Chesham Town
Gorleston v Barking or Saffron Walden