FA Cup: Dereham Town 3, Woodford United 0
Dereham progressed to the next round of the FA Cup after a superb display at Aldiss Park last night.
After Saturday's tie was abandoned following heavy rain with Dereham leading 2-0, the Magpies were quick to re-establish their advantage.
Nicky Howell fired home a low 20-yard drive to put the hosts in front in the 14th minute after good approach play from Olly Willis.
The in-form Dereham side increased their lead in the 58th minute. The bubbly Luke Tuttle fired a low 20-yard drive which the keeper could only parry and Howell was first to react to gleefully knock home his second goal of the night from close range.
In the 70th minute Woodford skipper Harris was dismissed and Dereham made the game safe eight minutes later. Craig Bussens found Howell on the right and he squared to Tuttle who netted from close range.
You may also want to watch:
In the 86th minute Wilton conceded a penalty but redeemed himself by diving full length to his left to turn Tom Liversedge's spot kick around the post.
Dereham will now travel to Bugbrooke St Michaels in the first qualifying round on Saturday week.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre