FA Cup: Dereham Town 3, Woodford United 0
Dereham progressed to the next round of the FA Cup after a superb display at Aldiss Park last night.
After Saturday's tie was abandoned following heavy rain with Dereham leading 2-0, the Magpies were quick to re-establish their advantage.
Nicky Howell fired home a low 20-yard drive to put the hosts in front in the 14th minute after good approach play from Olly Willis.
The in-form Dereham side increased their lead in the 58th minute. The bubbly Luke Tuttle fired a low 20-yard drive which the keeper could only parry and Howell was first to react to gleefully knock home his second goal of the night from close range.
In the 70th minute Woodford skipper Harris was dismissed and Dereham made the game safe eight minutes later. Craig Bussens found Howell on the right and he squared to Tuttle who netted from close range.
You may also want to watch:
In the 86th minute Wilton conceded a penalty but redeemed himself by diving full length to his left to turn Tom Liversedge's spot kick around the post.
Dereham will now travel to Bugbrooke St Michaels in the first qualifying round on Saturday week.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 9 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow