Norfolk under-18s one step away from place in FA County Youth Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Adam Gusterson is confident his Norfolk under-18s side can reach the final of the FA County Youth Cup.
Norfolk host Gloucestershire in the semi-finals on Saturday (kick-off 11.30am).
'We are very much looking forward to this game,' said Under-18s manager Gusterson. 'The boys have done very well to get themselves into the semi-finals and we are very much looking for a continuation of that in order to progress in to the final.
'Our lads are a real honest bunch who work their socks off for each other and get along very well socially, and it is this togetherness and will to win which has been evident within the performances this season.
'We obviously expect a very tough game against a side who have had some eye-catching wins to get them to this point but I have every confidence that our lads will give everything they have to try and ensure it is us that reaches the final.'
Norfolk's route to the last four has seen them beat the likes of Jersey, Northumberland and most recently the Isle of Man in an enthralling encounter.
Norfolk made the lengthy trip to the Isle of Man which for the quarter-finals and took an early lead with Norwich CBS' Lewis Johnson heading home a corner. The hosts delivered a sucker punch as they equalised on 90 minutes to send the game into extra time, but Norwich United's Charlie Hitch headed the winner.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
Saturday's semi-final will take place at the FDC Field of Dreams in Bowthorpe.
Squad: Isaac Burrage (Gorleston, NCFC Shadow Squad), Sam Dodden (Dereham Tn, DESA), Ismael Fatadjo (Gorleston, NCFC Shadow Squad),
Josh Ford (Great Yarmouth Tn), Archie Galley (Wroxham), Kieran Hagan (Great Yarmouth Tn), Charlie Hitch (Norwich Utd, NCFC Shadow Squad), Cameron Hudson (Easton Otley College, Acle Utd), Billy Johnson (Norwich Utd, NCFC Shadow Squad), Lewis Johnson
(Norwich CBS, NCFC Shadow Squad), Tinashe Katsande (Dereham Tn, DESA), Liam Kindred (Dereham Tn, DESA), Ryan Miles (Wroxham, NCFC Shadow Squad), Jimmy Morrissey (Wroxham, NCFC Shadow Squad), Miles Palmer (Mulbarton Wanderers, Road2Pro), Patrick Pye (Dereham Tn, DESA).