Expanded Norfolk League set for first weekend of action
The Lucas Fettes Norfolk League springs back into action tomorrow with a slightly expanded format from last year.
The number of teams has increased from 73 to 76, arranged over eight divisions.
In the top flight new boys Martham and Horsford B, along with Sprowston B, have declared their intentions to seek promotion to the Norfolk Alliance should they win the title.
Reigning champions Rollesby, whose facilities would not meet the standard without major investment, are not looking to step up. They kick off their campaign by hosting Ketteringham Hall.
One significant change this season is the earlier start times for matches. Games will begin at 1.30pm, unless teams have agreed in advance to start at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the scenes Mike Ridout, who plays for Felthorpe, has stepped up from treasurer to become chairman to fill the void created when Jon Cooke emigrated to Kenya. Eaton stalwart John Chilvers has been welcomed as treasurer. The popular monthly awards will be co-ordinated by Ian Doy of Sprowston.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant