Expanded Norfolk League set for first weekend of action
The Lucas Fettes Norfolk League springs back into action tomorrow with a slightly expanded format from last year.
The number of teams has increased from 73 to 76, arranged over eight divisions.
In the top flight new boys Martham and Horsford B, along with Sprowston B, have declared their intentions to seek promotion to the Norfolk Alliance should they win the title.
Reigning champions Rollesby, whose facilities would not meet the standard without major investment, are not looking to step up. They kick off their campaign by hosting Ketteringham Hall.
One significant change this season is the earlier start times for matches. Games will begin at 1.30pm, unless teams have agreed in advance to start at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the scenes Mike Ridout, who plays for Felthorpe, has stepped up from treasurer to become chairman to fill the void created when Jon Cooke emigrated to Kenya. Eaton stalwart John Chilvers has been welcomed as treasurer. The popular monthly awards will be co-ordinated by Ian Doy of Sprowston.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk