Excellent week for anglers at Rocklands Mere
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy week at Rocklands Mere Fishery, with the banks full of anglers and buzzer hatches on most days providing an early season spectacle.
Last Thursday 13 anglers had a rod average of 5.2 with the best falling to Mick Parker from Wymondham with 16 rainbows on buzzers.
The following day David Shipp returned 12 on black Shipmans.
During an incredible hatch in the morning, Patrick Larke had 10 on Bloodworm patterns on Saturday.
Sunday was by far the best day for fishing and with a good breeze and mild temperatures the rise lasted pretty much all day.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Sayer from Wymondham took this opportunity to experiment with dries and emergers and landed 10 rainbows from almost every area on the lake. Jimmy was using cdc buzzers, black gnats and klinkhammers.
For more information call James at the lodge on 01953 483971.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk