Excellent week for anglers at Rocklands Mere
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy week at Rocklands Mere Fishery, with the banks full of anglers and buzzer hatches on most days providing an early season spectacle.
Last Thursday 13 anglers had a rod average of 5.2 with the best falling to Mick Parker from Wymondham with 16 rainbows on buzzers.
The following day David Shipp returned 12 on black Shipmans.
During an incredible hatch in the morning, Patrick Larke had 10 on Bloodworm patterns on Saturday.
Sunday was by far the best day for fishing and with a good breeze and mild temperatures the rise lasted pretty much all day.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Sayer from Wymondham took this opportunity to experiment with dries and emergers and landed 10 rainbows from almost every area on the lake. Jimmy was using cdc buzzers, black gnats and klinkhammers.
For more information call James at the lodge on 01953 483971.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer