Evo-Stik Division One South: Loughborough Dynamo 3, King’s Lynn Town 5

A five-star forward display by King's Lynn ensured they won a thriller against Loughborough Dynamo last night.

But they didn't have it all their own way as they kept up the pressure on league leaders Coalville, letting the home side pull back a three goal lead at one point.

A shooting masterclass put Lynn seemingly in control after half an hour. There was a slice of luck about Jamie Thurlbourne's miss-hit opener taking a wicked deflection which wrong footed Dynamo keeper Kahil Mann-Kler.

It opened up the game but while Loughborough had plenty of forward momentum Lynn were always threatening on the counter.

The pace of Stephen Spriggs in particular was causing chaos down the right. He had already wasted a good opening before being the main accomplice in another swift counter.

After latching on to a ball from the back, Spriggs fed Danny Beaumont, who beat three players and exquisitely chipped into the top corner for 2-0.

Lynn were now dominant and shooting on sight. Mann-Kler did well to tip a Thurlbourne free-kick round the post but on 28 minutes Beaumont scored a screamer of a third, beating the Dynamo keeper on the half volley from around 30 yards out.

Most Read

At the other end Danny Gay tipped away two powerful long range drives from Reece Lester. From a resulting corner Dynamo defender Danny Leak shot well wide before Lynn's Ryan Fryatt cleared a Matt Langham header off the line.

But Lynn were unable to keep a first half clean sheet, Dynamo making it 3-1 when Reece Lester raced clear to finish well.

Lynn were stunned by two home goals early in the second half. First Lester again beat the offside trap after great work with Rob Norris. And a similar move saw Matt Langham seemingly put through on goal, only for a desperate lunge by Ross Watson to upend him.

The referee immediately pointed to the spot. And though Norris hit the bar with the penalty, the ball bounced back off the unlucky Gay and dribbled into the net.

Rather than lose their nerve the Linnets wrestled back control and still managed to seal the points.

Dynamo's teenage keeper Man-Kler never looked comfortable and tin the 64th minute he could only divert a ball to Dan Quigley who poked home.

Lynn were back in control and they made the game safe on 78 minutes when a Spriggs cross wasn't dealt with properly and Russell Dunkley won the race to slot home.

Gay completed a solid showing at the other end, brilliantly saving from Ash Way with five minutes remaining when the Loughborough sub looked certain to score from close range.

• Loughborough: Mann-Kler, Sibson, Hollist, Henton, Ruddock, Leak, Richards, Norris, Langham, Brennan, Lester (Way) Subs not used Young, Blenkinsopp, Dean, Betts. Goals: (Lester 45, 48, Gay og 52)

• King's Lynn: Gay, Watson (Mulready), Yong, Fryatt, Gulliver, Bunting (c), Spriggs, Quigley, Dunkley, Beaumont (Turner), Thurlbourne Subs: Lee, Turner, Buhlemann, Mulready, Bexfield. Goals: Thurlbone (6), Beaumont (16 and 28) Quigley (64) Dunkley (78)

• Referee: N Murphy

• Attendance: 167

• The Linnets released striker Jamie Forshaw prior to last night's game, with manager Gary Setchell hoping to add to new name to his squad.

Forshaw joined the club in June and scored three goals in 17 appearances, only eight of which were starts.