European glory for King’s Lynn Stars’ Robert Lambert
- Credit: Ian Burt
Norfolk star Robert Lambert continued his individual brilliance by being crowned European Under-21 Champion on Saturday.
Two weeks on from his success at Under-19 European level, the King's Lynn racer pulled off another super performance in Daugavpils, Latvia.
Lambert dropped just one point from his five rides, and clinched another individual honour after taking the chequered flag in his final outing.
The Norfolk-born racer finished ahead of Polish sensation Bartosz Smektala, while former Scunthorpe man Andreas Lyager beat Russian World Cup youngster Gleb Chugunov in a run-off for third.
Said Lambert: 'It's been a good couple of weeks with two gold medals; the European Under-19s first and now the Under-21s too.
You may also want to watch:
'I dropped one point, but I finished on top and that's what we came here to do!'
Meanwhile, Great Britain's Dan Bewley finished bottom of the standings on just two points, but will have gained some invaluable experience from his trip abroad.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
Final standings: Robert Lambert 14, Bartosz Smektala 12, Andreas Lyager 11+3, Gleb Chugunov 11+2, Frederik Jakobsen 9, Dominik Kubera 9, Patrick Hansen 8, Joel Andersson 8, Lukas Fienhage 7, Rafal Karczmarz 6, Nick Skorja 5, Kenny Westerstam 5, Davis Kurmis 5, Mikkel B Andersen 4, Michael Haertel 4, Dan Bewley 2.