Eton Manor 51, Diss 15
An under-strength Diss team slid to a predictable defeat at London 1 promotion chasers Eton Manor on Saturday.
With a number of late call-offs coach Phil Sharpe was forced to include several second and third team players in his squad and well though they battled away, they were always second best on the day.
Diss managed to cross the Eton Manor line three times, with Nick Harding touching down in the first half and Todd Wishart and Pete Bray doing likewise in the second.
But all the time points were being scored at the other end, with a late rush of tries giving the final scoreline a rather flattering look as far as the hosts were concerned.
'Eton Manor are a very good side.They played to their strengths and won well,' said Sharpe.
You may also want to watch:
'But having said that the score doesn't do us justice. We battled away well and I have got to pay tribute to the lads who came in at late notice. They gave it everything they had but it was always going to be an uphill struggle for us.'
Diss return to league action on Saturday week when they play host to second from bottom Basildon in a game that provides an ideal chance to return to winning ways.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures