Eska’s fighting fit field at Norwich’s UEA Sportspark
The Eastern Shotokan Karate Association (ESKA) saw a bumper field of competitors at their successful inter-club event for students from across the county, held at the UEA Sportspark.
More than 140 competed in 18 individual categories for events like kata (form), kumite (sparring) and team kata.
Many of the competitors were using the event as preparation for the upcoming National Championships, which take place in July.
A special award was given to the tournament's competitor of the day, Jordan Potter.
The 13-year-old is a brown/double white belt from Norwich, and the competition saw Potter demonstrate outstanding respect, gallantry and sportsmanship – along with the added bonus of three gold medals.
You may also want to watch:
The popular club holds classes at venues in Sprowston, Hellesdon, Taverham, Thorpe and Recreation Road in Norwich, as well as Hoveton, Aylsham, Framingham Earl, Acle and Dereham.
The club has also announced new classes in Beccles, which started this month in the town's sports centre.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
• To get involved in karate with Eska, call 01604 418751 or visit eska.co.uk